For those days, when you want something easy and fun, here is a great list of quick and simple meal ideas that are sure to please!
If you’ve been searching for some new and exciting dinners to make for your kids lately, I have found a short list of great foods that your kids are guaranteed to enjoy as much as mine did. What’s even better is that these recipes are easy to execute and take less than an hour of time to prepare from start to finish.
Pizza Hot Dogs
Take the best of both worlds when you combine hot dogs and pizza for the best meal ever!
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Grab hot dog buns and brush the insides with butter, then sprinkle with a dash of garlic powder. Place on a baking sheet and then bake until light brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Preheat boiler and then add sauce on each bun, then put hot dog on top. Use mozzarella for each hot dog top, and then you can elect to sprinkle with some Italian seasoning, then put pepperoni slices on top. Broil until cheese has melted, which is about another 2 minutes. Serve, and enjoy!
Mac & Cheese – Skillet Cheeseburger Edition
If you want comfort food, then you’ve found it in this dish, which I make for my children any time they want something hearty and filling.
- Bring a pot of water (about 8 quarts) to boil, then sprinkle a bit of salt inside. Cook pasta al dente, drain, then place back in pot.
- Sauté ground beef in pan, using a wooden spatula to break meat into pieces. Season meat with garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, drain extra fat using spoon. Add milk and tomatoes, boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
- Reduce to low heat, add 1 cup of cheddar by the handful, and fold pasta in. Stir until all cheese is added with remaining cheese going on top, then lid is closed. Once cheese is all melted and then bubbling, simmer for 1 additional minute.
- Garnish with a bit of parsley, then serve immediately.
These two foods are great on their own, but when combined? It’s definitely magic in the making!
- In medium skillet, heat olive oil using medium heat. Place 1 flour tortilla in skillet, then spread half of pizza sauce over tortilla. Next, sprinkle, Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle garlic atop cheese, with Italian seasoning also sprinkled on top of cheese. Place pepperoni on top, with another tortilla placed on top. Cook until cheese is fully melted and tortilla golden.
- Preheat broiler. Once tortillas are ready to flip, cover pan with plate. Invert pan, sliding quesadilla back on pan with the golden side facing up. Use the rest of the pizza sauce, Parmesan, mozzarella, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning for the topping.
- Place skillet under broiler and then cook until all cheese is fully melted. Serve warm.
These are just a few examples of fun dinners that you can make for your children that they will love. Plus, they are healthier options than fast food and take only a fraction of the time necessary for a conventional meal.